Baseboard management controllers (BMCs) are at the heart of reducing costs associated with managing servers. The Pilot 3 controller revolutionized the industry by integrating the BMC, Super I/O, Graphics controller and Remote Keyboard, Video, Mouse and Storage (KVMS) functionality into a single ASIC, providing significant cost savings to data center managers. Like a standard BMC, when embedded in a server system or appliance, the iBMC simplifies the management of the remote server systems and appliances, whether physical or virtual servers, thereby reducing operational costs. Key benefits are as below:
- Simplified management of remote servers, systems and appliances, thereby reducing operational costs
- Auto-discovery of system problems, increasing availability
- Boot from storage device (CD-ROM, DVD ROM, ISO image, floppy disk or USB flash disk), increasing operational efficiency
- Control reset and power to the motherboard, as well as read status information through Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI), allowing the remote server to fully manage and monitor the host system, thereby reducing operational costs
- ClearKVM™ technology to deliver a faster and clearer remote management experience.